Annapolis Valley Christmas and New Years Eve
Posted On: Tue. Dec. 2 2008
With Christmas Eve approaching families often attend the traditional Christmas Eve Service. Most churches host a candlelight service and Christmas sermon often accompanied by music and drama. If you are looking for a service on Christmas Eve please note the below:
- Christmas Eve Service at 7pm at New Beginnings Center - 1151 Bridge St, Greenwood.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 7:30pm at the Melvern Square United Baptist Church.
- Christmas Eve Service at 7pm at the Wolfville Ridge United Baptist Church.
- Christmas Eve Service at 4pm and 7pm at the New Minas Baptist Church.
- Family Christmas Eve Service at 6:30pm at the New Hope Wesleyan Church.
New Years is one of the most celebrated events of the year. If you are looking for a family event Kingston hosts a New Year's Eve Community Celebration on Dec 31st from 6pm - 9pm at the Western Kings Arena. This includes family skating, face painting, wagon rides and much more. Fireworks follow at 9:30pm at the Super Store parking lot. Those who attend are asked to consider bringing a donation to our Food Bank.
Many local clubs and halls also host New Year's Eve events. Please note the below:
- New Years Eve Dance at the Kentville Fire Station. $30 per couple and tickets can be purchased at the Kentville Fire Hall.
- New Years Eve Dance at the Wolfville Legion from 9pm - 1am. $25 per couple.
- New Years Eve Bingo at the New Minas Fire Hall. Doors open at 6pm.
- New Years Eve Party and Dance at the Kentville Lions Club. $15 per couple.
- Glooscap Curling Club of Kentville will be hosting a New Years Eve Gala beginning at 7pm. Tickets are $45 per person.
- New Years Eve Celebration at the Kingston Fire Station from 9pm - 1am. $25 per couple.
- Boston Pizza in New Minas will be hosting a New Years Eve celebration beginning with dinner. Call the restaurant for more information.
- New Years Eve Dance at the Berwick and District Fire Department from 9pm - 3am.