Annapolis Royal - posted on Tue. July 7, 2015
*This position is actually located in Cornwallis, Nova Scotia, a short drive from Annapolis Royal*
For thirteen consecutive years, Acadian Seaplants Limited has secured the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies! In fact, Acadian Seaplants has achieved Platinum Status for six consecutive years!
The right career for the right person! We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for our Plant Science Division based at our production facility in Cornwallis, Nova Scotia.
Why Acadian Seaplants Limited?
… People work here because they like it here!
- Acadian Seaplants Limited is a world leader in providing value-added marine plant-based products serving agricultural and food markets in over 70 countries worldwide.
- Acadian Seaplants has received government and industry recognition for its innovation and achievements in technology, environmental affairs, management and export excellence.
- Acadian Seaplants provides training and career advancement opportunities, and fosters a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Acadian Seaplants offers a variety of group benefits that ensures the health and wellness of its employees.
The Maintenance Technician will be required to work with others as well as independently. The candidate should have experience maintaining industrial or processing equipment and machinery. Experience in maintaining mobile equipment is also considered an asset. Must also be able to interpret engineering drawings and sketches sufficiently to fabricate and modify equipment. This position includes being on call weekends and nights on a rotational basis.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, precision and productivity in performing routine and repetitive tasks.
- Assist in daily repairs, projects and maintenance program.
- Carry out daily procedures, policies, programs in a safe manner that meets all company objectives.
- Administer a daily log and enter all info to each and every work-order completed.
- Provide support to other plant personal through reporting, assisting and timely follow-ups on repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Encourage proper work ethics with all employees and contractors following company guide lines.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, Environmental Management and the Progressive Excellence Program by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Undertake other duties and tasks as required.
- Experience in a process plant environment with an industrial mechanic qualification would be considered an asset.
- Experience and training in welding/metal fabrication and machining are also desirable.
- Individual must be flexible, adaptable and versatile with a willingness to tackle anything.
- Effective observational skills and good time management skills are important as is the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A high school diploma or a trade certification in one of the above categories will be considered.
If this sounds like the next exciting and lasting chapter in your career, we encourage you to further explore this opportunity by submitting your application to Joey Pippy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in a highly specialized and innovative sector, please visit our new website at www.acadianseaplants.com.