The Village of Kingston was once called Kingston Station as it was a stop along the major railway between Halifax and Yarmouth. It was incorporated in 1957 and because it is an exit along highway 101 it is still a major stop and service area today.
Kingston has a population around 3000 people and is steadily growing. The retail sector is also growing. Being so close to Greenwood and the Greenwood Base is a major contributor to the growth.
Official website: www.kingstonnovascotia.ca